The Governor signed the Illinois workers’ compensation bill into law yesterday (June 28, 2011). It is now Public Act 97-18. Here is a link to the Public Act http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/97/PDF/097-0018.pdf.
While the effective date of the Act is immediate, there are specific dates for certain provisions. Of particular importance are the following:
- PREFERRED PROVIDER PROGRAMS-effective immediately, BUT ONLY WHEN EMPLOYER HAS APPROVED PPP ON THE DATE OF ACCIDENT.
- 8(d)1 CAP-Injuries occurring on or after 9/1/2011.
- CARPAL TUNNEL-Injuries occurring on or after effective date (6/28/2011).
- DETERMINATION OF PPD-Injuries occurring on or after 9/1/2011
- MEDICAL FEE SCHEDULE REDUCTIONS-applies to services rendered on or after 9/1/2011.
- UR-Applies to services provided or proposed to be provided on or after 9/1/2011.
- SECTION 11 (INTOXICATION)-Injuries occurring on or after 9/1/2011.